Saturday, January 28, 2012

Resolution.

As you may notice, I am making some changes to my blog. I hope that this post is just the beginning of many that will make it more fun, interactive, and interesting for you to join me on my continuous journey towards a more meaningful and conscious life. Keeping my blog updated is just one part of my New Years resolution.

Since 2012 is potentially the end of the world as we know it, I have decided that I am going to spend this year trying to get it right. Instead of a handful of small new years resolutions, I have selected the theme of "Quality of Life" for the next eleven months. Sure, I have some less grandiose plans like swearing off soda (again) but my focus is on finding a balance between all of my commitments, interests, and loved ones while living a healthier lifestyle. Here have been some of my declarations:

1. I will not work at all hours of the day and night.
2. I will say yes to more social engagements.
3. I will spend more quality time with my family.
4. I will try to stay in better touch.
5. I will make time to pursue my interests outside of work.
6. I will plan my meals better.
7. I will find fun ways to exercise.

So far, I have done a pretty decent job with only the occasional slip-up. I have been spending a lot more time with my lady friends, I am enrolled in an Herbal Apprenticeship (more to come on that topic), I went to my first Hip-hop exercise class of the year, I have only had soda twice, and I am already scheduled to see my family in the next few weeks.

That being said, I have a feeling that the next two months are going to be some of the hardest with so much happening at work so if I can make it through April, the rest of the year will be smooth(er) sailing.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment