Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You are what you read.

I had to laugh at myself the other day when yet another book arrived for me in the mail... I may have a book addiction to go along with my already out of control plant/seed collecting addiction. Looking over the spines of my library, I had to admit that the titles say a lot about my life and when I added my newest bound friend to my precariously heavy shelf, I realized that the three books I am currently reading probably say the most.

Book One:

Book Two:

Book Three:


They are all fantastic books so far and I recommend them all... especially if you are interested in:

1. Hearing about someones actual experience with transitioning to a simpler, homestead style life.
2. Understanding why we eat what we eat, how US meat is processed, and what it means for our lives.
3. Wondering how our the endearing author of Eat, Pray, Love is overcoming her negative experiences and doubts about the idea of marriage so that she can be with the one she loves.

Clearly, these are all things that I find interesting because I want to homestead, return to my vegetarian ways with a gluten/dairy free twist, and work through my own doubts about people's ability to truly commit. Now if I can just find the time to read them all... I will be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment