Monday, July 19, 2010

Goats with bloat.


Billy, Peanut and Bob (Black, Tan, White).

Every morning I spend an hour or more playing with my three darling goats at Josephs. I never have quite enough time to build them the palace they deserve but I try to spoil them with greens and horse feed. Sadly, my little guy Billy hasn't been feeling so good. When I came in on Saturday he didn't come running with the other two and just stood wobbling looking a little drunk. By the time I got into the pen, he had laid down and was coughing. His little tummy is so bloated I feel like he might pop! I have spent the last three days trying to figure out what is wrong and what I can do to help him. The kind folks at Burden Creek Dairy have been helping diagnose and treat the little guy...but its still a mystery. Taking care of goats is so intimidating because there is so much that can go wrong. I have to admit I considered taking him home so I could check on him during the night so I won't stay up thinking about him. Hopefully he will pull through, so keep your fingers crossed for my little darling goat friend!


1 comment: