Monday, July 26, 2010

Highs and Lows.

I have had this quote on my facebook for a while and it is more true now than ever. "I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center." -Kurt Vonnegut

Although I am a little exhausted from the extreme shift in highs and lows, I am not sure if I would be any happier in the middle.

High: House sitting job that comes with this view...

Low: Billy-the-goat died Friday. Cleveland let me cry on his shoulder and then helped me bury my little friend in true farm style, with a backhoe. I had to leave work early and I couldn't bring myself to come back until Monday. He will be missed. I am thankful for him teaching me so much about goats, I just wish I had learned it all before it was too late.


High: A whole weekend off (this is a rarity for me)...starting with a house-cooling party... I somehow managed to have zero pics of this fantastical day but close your eyes and imagine a steady flow of friends, dogs, and children... swimming, playing lawn games, sharing food, and laughing. Then Dan and I spent Sunday making food, sharing drinks, swimming, playing video games, and napping.

Low: Medical Bills.

High: Storm-clouds heavy with much needed rain.


Low: Temperatures up to 100 degrees with 100% humidity and heat index up to 120 degrees.

High: Dan got free tickets to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes...

And why not one more High: Best email subject line ever... thanks to my awesome Mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment